News

Man 'cements microwave to head' in Wolverhampton

The microwave Image copyright West Midlands Fire Service

An internet “prankster” had to be freed by firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave oven.

West Midlands Fire Service said it took an hour to free the man after they were called to a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton.

Friends had managed to feed an air tube into the 22-year-old’s mouth to help him breathe, the service said.

Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said the man “could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured”.

Image copyright West Midlands Fire Service

Mr Dakin said: “He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.

“The oven was being used as a mould and wasn’t plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they’d already been trying to free him for an hour and a half.”

Crews from the technical rescue team helped with taking the microwave apart, he added.

“It took us nearly an hour to free him,” added Mr Dakin.

“All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”


BBC News Source Link

Brought to you by Planet Genius

If You Liked This Article, Join our Newsletter To Receive More Great Articles

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *